Mission Statement The goals of the Birdsboro Police Department are many and diverse. Members of the department endeavor to ferret out crime and apprehend those involved, protect life and property, and create and maintain a feeling of security for its citizens and those who visit the borough. Through vigilant patrols, traffic enforcement, prompt response to calls for service, and courtesy and concern for quality of life issues the Borough of Birdsboro will remain a pleasant community to live and a positive environment in which to raise a family.
BIRDSBORO POLICE DEPARTMENT
200 E. Main Street Birdsboro, PA 19508
Non-emergency: (610) 582-6037
Mayor Joseph A Peterson
Chief: Theodore R. Roth
Sergeant: Seth C. Riegel
Officer: Alan B. Fay
Officer: Adam S. Borz
Officer: Craig S. Reinhart
Officer: David L. Seidel
Officer: William E. Seidel
Administrative Assistant: Carol McAllister
PA Anti-Texting Law Facts
What the law does
- The law prohibits as a primary offense any driver from using an Interactive Wireless Communication Device (IWCD) to send, read or write a text-based communication while his or her vehicle is in motion.
- Defines an IWCD as a wireless phone, personal digital assistant, smart phone, portable or mobile computer or similar devices that can be used for texting, instant messaging, emailing or browsing the Internet.
- Defines a text-based communication as a text message, instant message, email or other written communication composed or received on an IWCD.
- Institutes a $50 fine for convictions under this section.
- Makes clear that this law supersedes and preempts any local ordinances restricting the use of interactive wireless devices by drivers.
The penalty is a summary offense. The law does not authorize the seizure of an IWCD.
The law goes into effect March 8, 2012, 120 calendar days from Nov. 9, 2011.
The texting ban does NOT include the use of a GPS device, a system or device that is physically or electronically integrated into the vehicle, or a communications device that is affixed to a mass transit vehicle, bus or school bus.
Going on vacation?
Please fill out the Vacation Check Request form and return it to the police department. We will make every effort to do security checks on your property as time and manpower permit.
Thank you for notifying the department of your absence from the Borough and have a safe and pleasant trip.